[SOLVED] ASUS RT-AC57U vs linksys ea7500 solved

Sep 25, 2019
Hello everyone im wanting a new router to use as an access point so i can get internet into my next door house, i have tried range extenders but the signal drops and im not getting very good speed. So im wanting a new router which i can set up as an access point, ive seen these 2 router online and both are £50 but im not sure which one is best. I need the wifi signal to be very strong with no dropout and with good speed and relaibility, so please can someone let me know which is best between these 2 and if not these 2 can u recommend me something thanks in advance.

Solution
What is the make and model of your current wireless router? perhaps you can pick up a wireless device that is purely an AP tethered using an Ethernet cable as opposed to running a router in AP mode. I know it's possible to change the option from router to AP mode using the GUI on the router but I've had some routers die prematurely.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your current wireless router? perhaps you can pick up a wireless device that is purely an AP tethered using an Ethernet cable as opposed to running a router in AP mode. I know it's possible to change the option from router to AP mode using the GUI on the router but I've had some routers die prematurely.

Solution
Sep 25, 2019
I have a technicolor tg589vacv2 router in the downstairs living room so the signal doesnt reach the next door house, so i want another router to put in the upstairs bedroom as an access point so i can get wifi in the next door house. These two routers i have found they both cost £50. I tried a range extender the signal does reach the next door house but it drops connection.

Sep 25, 2019
Is that Ubiquiti Loco M2 dual band, i cant go above £50 so i spoke to belkin chat support they recommended me the linksys ea7500 ive found it for £50, but then i also found this asus router rt-ac57u and in the past i had asus router rt n66u and it was very reliable and it gave very good signal throughout my house and the next door house. But im not sure which one is bext the linksys or asus it needs to be relaible good speed and strong signal.

kanewolf

Titan
Is that Ubiquiti Loco M2 dual band, i cant go above £50 so i spoke to belkin chat support they recommended me the linksys ea7500 ive found it for £50, but then i also found this asus router rt-ac57u and in the past i had asus router rt n66u and it was very reliable and it gave very good signal throughout my house and the next door house. But im not sure which one is bext the linksys or asus it needs to be relaible good speed and strong signal.
The Loco M2 is a single band 2.4Ghz -- and is within your budget -- https://www.amazon.co.uk/UBIQUITI-Networks-NanoStation-airMAX-Outdoor/dp/B00DCNRTAG

Sep 25, 2019
I would want something dual band becuase im going to be gaming on my xbox and ps4 in my next door house, im thinking the asus would be best what do u think.

Sep 25, 2019
It only has to go to my next door house bedroom as i only sleep at my next door house at night time, so its right next to my other house bedroom they are next to each other excpet for the wall. I had tplink repeater and i got good speeds but it would cut out so im looking for router access point and im thinking of getting the asus, what do u think which one would be best.