[SOLVED] ASUS RT-AC68U Problem

mountaindew117

Honorable
Jun 21, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am coming to y'all smart people on this site in trying to help me determine what is wrong with my Asus router and what possible ways I can possibly fix it.

Problem: My ISP (Spectrum) has recently updated my download speeds up to 400 mb/s and gave me the equipment necessary to run with those speeds. I want to continue to use my ASUS router as the provided router doesn't let me do nearly as much as my Asus does but I'm hitting one big problem. When ever I do a speed test on my computer it tops out at 100 mb/s instead of my 400 mb/s service coming in? What could be causing this issue? I'm running a cat 6 cable from my spectrum modem to my ASUS, cat 6 from port 1 directly to my computer and it still only reads 100 mb/s download??

But when I connect my spectrum modem to my spectrum supplied router with the exact same cables in the exact same setup up, no switches, I'm surpassing my ASUS with the supplied router with speeds of almost 468 mb/s on the speed test???

What is causing the throttling on the ASUS??

Is it able to be bypassed and or changed??

I'm really not all that tech savvy with networking things but I do have a decent skill level with accessing the routers, computer skills in general, and repairs on computers but just lack the networking skill I guess.

Thanks to anyone that can help me with this problem!!

Moutaindew117

Solution
Hello everyone,

I am coming to y'all smart people on this site in trying to help me determine what is wrong with my Asus router and what possible ways I can possibly fix it.

Problem: My ISP (Spectrum) has recently updated my download speeds up to 400 mb/s and gave me the equipment necessary to run with those speeds. I want to continue to use my ASUS router as the provided router doesn't let me do nearly as much as my Asus does but I'm hitting one big problem. When ever I do a speed test on my computer it tops out at 100 mb/s instead of my 400 mb/s service coming in? What could be causing this issue? I'm running a cat 6 cable from my spectrum modem to my ASUS, cat 6 from port 1 directly to my computer and it still only reads 100...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello everyone,

Problem: My ISP (Spectrum) has recently updated my download speeds up to 400 mb/s and gave me the equipment necessary to run with those speeds. I want to continue to use my ASUS router as the provided router doesn't let me do nearly as much as my Asus does but I'm hitting one big problem. When ever I do a speed test on my computer it tops out at 100 mb/s instead of my 400 mb/s service coming in? What could be causing this issue? I'm running a cat 6 cable from my spectrum modem to my ASUS, cat 6 from port 1 directly to my computer and it still only reads 100 mb/s download??

But when I connect my spectrum modem to my spectrum supplied router with the exact same cables in the exact same setup up, no switches, I'm surpassing my ASUS with the supplied router with speeds of almost 468 mb/s on the speed test???

What is causing the throttling on the ASUS??

Is it able to be bypassed and or changed??

I'm really not all that tech savvy with networking things but I do have a decent skill level with accessing the routers, computer skills in general, and repairs on computers but just lack the networking skill I guess.

Thanks to anyone that can help me with this problem!!

Moutaindew117
It may be those features that "let me do nearly as much" that are limiting your Asus. If you have QOS or other features, the CPU in the router has to handle most of the work. Factory reset your Asus. I bet you get your full speed. With higher bandwidth, you may not need some of the "features" you have enabled which are slowing you down.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution

TRENDING THREADS