Asus rt-ac68u reboot schedule problems

kellogin

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
I noticed that I've been having to reboot the router (rt-ac68u) every few days as my wi-fi speeds would really start to lag or stop altogether. I scheduled a reboot every night for 4:00 AM but every other day, I wake up to no internet access until I manually reboot again. This is a problem as I share the internet with my tenant

Solution
Solved. I am not sure why the scheduled reboot wasn't reconnecting but I did solve the slow speed problem (essentially making the nightly reboot unnecessary). I downloaded the latest Asus Merlin firmware which seemed to have solved the problem. I believe there was an issue with a security system log that filled the memory quickly causing it to lag substantially.

kellogin

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Solved. I am not sure why the scheduled reboot wasn't reconnecting but I did solve the slow speed problem (essentially making the nightly reboot unnecessary). I downloaded the latest Asus Merlin firmware which seemed to have solved the problem. I believe there was an issue with a security system log that filled the memory quickly causing it to lag substantially.

Solution