[SOLVED] Asus RT-AC88U Router, Intermediate disconnections, WiFi and Ethernet. Help?

jungleexplorer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I bought this router in October of 2019 (three months ago). It has been working great up until last week when I started experiencing problems connecting to the router from my desktop that is connected by ethernet via powerline adapters.

Obviously I have gone through all the normal steps of resetting the router, the powerline adapters, checking the cables, etc. But the problems have just gotten worse. Now just about all my devices, from my smartphone to my laptop, to my TV are experiencing intermediate disconnects, and in some cases refuse to reconnect to the router, unless I unplug the router and reboot it.

Yesterday, I did a hard reset of the router and the problem seem to go away for a while but reappeared toning and was much worse than before. Almost nothing could connect to the router, and when connections were established, they failed after a while again.

I cannot believe that this brand new high dollar router could have burned out this fast. What else might be the problem?

Solution
Make sure that you're on the latest firmware update for the router. You will need to disconnect the powerline adapters from the router and your desktop just to work with the router as is, either with a direct pairing to the router with an Ethernet cable or with a wireless adapter. Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your powerline adapters?

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure that you're on the latest firmware update for the router. You will need to disconnect the powerline adapters from the router and your desktop just to work with the router as is, either with a direct pairing to the router with an Ethernet cable or with a wireless adapter. Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your powerline adapters?

Solution