[SOLVED] Asus RTX 2060 Dual Evo Not working?

MNYCapricorn

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
Good day!

I just upgraded my gtx 1060 dual to an rtx 2060 dual evo today, i had one 6+2 pcie cable connected to the 1060 i had before, and it looked like the rtx 2060 also just needed one. So Ive decided to connect the cable to the new card as usual. Although when I try to boot, an error message saying please power down and connect the pcie power cable for this graphics card. I dont know how i should fix it, already tried using another 6+2 pin but still not working. Im using a lian li strimer 6+2 pin and a thor 850w power supply. Everything was working normally before putting in the new card and the psu wasnt even 6 months old yet.

Solution
ill do that, but i just also wanna say that it was properly connected and pretty tight, since i did it two times and triple checked the cable if it was secured before booting.
I'm not talking about the cable or PSU where the cable plugs tothe GPU. Make sure the GPU power plug in is properly sodared to the board of the GPU If it's not getting proper power because the plug to board isn't sodared right it will cause this. It could also just be a flat dead PCB
Good day!

I just upgraded my gtx 1060 dual to an rtx 2060 dual evo today, i had one 6+2 pcie cable connected to the 1060 i had before, and it looked like the rtx 2060 also just needed one. So Ive decided to connect the cable to the new card as usual. Although when I try to boot, an error message saying please power down and connect the pcie power cable for this graphics card. I dont know how i should fix it, already tried using another 6+2 pin but still not working. Im using a lian li strimer 6+2 pin and a thor 850w power supply. Everything was working normally before putting in the new card and the psu wasnt even 6 months old yet.
Did you buy the gpu used or new?

MNYCapricorn

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
Take the gpu out of the system and take a very close look at the pci'e power connector on the gpu. Take a very CLOSE LOOK see if all the power pins are sodared properly, it maybe the they missed power leads running to the board.
ill do that, but i just also wanna say that it was properly connected and pretty tight, since i did it two times and triple checked the cable if it was secured before booting.

I'm not talking about the cable or PSU where the cable plugs tothe GPU. Make sure the GPU power plug in is properly sodared to the board of the GPU If it's not getting proper power because the plug to board isn't sodared right it will cause this. It could also just be a flat dead PCB

Solution