Question ASUS + RTX 2070 Super-Q + Core i7= hitting 95C

Oct 22, 2020
It is a brand new gaming laptop. At 74 not very literate with computers, yet, with some research try to stay afloat specs and so forth.

I have HWinfo downloaded with CPU and GPU temps display in the task bar.
There is NO vent underneath it. There are vents on three sides. The laptop is elevated about 1cm in the rear on a tray which runs 2 fans [useless since no vents!] and I have a 8" fan blowing into the rear, not directly so the hot air will escape.

It obviously hits 95 spiking at times. Most likely with high end demanding games.

I wonder if I should take it back? What do you think? I know it will throttle down on its own as it is set up that way but yet, I feel as it is shortening the life of this laptop.

Thanks!

Oct 22, 2020
Sorry late to reply.
Your question is exactly the issue.
I also have to say that at 74 I am for sure learning a lot.
i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
After much research I understand that it is LOCKED.
I do not want to under-clock, under-volt and yet I was willing to.
At the same time I read "old school"... way too hot [spikes 93] VS "new school"... there are tough, it is normal [for how long!].
I am trying to go the cooler route and so far no success even 2 x 4" fans under the intakes each at 3800RPM while thinking about the blades being 1mm thick [more research there!]
I am not throttling even with AAA games, I am more thinking about the future meaning how long is this laptop going to last with such a high temperatures while AGAIN I read that it is okay... versus not okay.
Liquid metal? new Thermal Paste?... a Friend of mine could do it [he is really good[ but then again, it is brand new... aren't we paying for a good laptop? Kind of like buying a $50,000 car but has to be taken apart so it runs well? Those are my thoughts.
I almost started a new thread before luckily I read your kind question.
What to do?
I have one more laptop cooler to try but I don't think that is going to help. It is the HT300 with 4300RPM turbine instead of fans! [really!!!]
Thanks...

TRENDING THREADS