Question Asus RTX 3060 Ti Reaced 86 degrees

May 29, 2023
Hello there i've a Asus RTX 3060 Ti. While gaming its reached 86 degrees and average is 82-83 degrees for 25 mins. Does this temperature within this minute caused damage to GPU? And if it did how can i notice that, MHz speed decrease or only performance.

Your GPU temp values are within safe limits, nothing to worry much about. According to Nvidia the maximum GPU Temperature (in C) is 93. But that doesn't mean it's good to run the card at those temp values.

That's the threshold limit, after which the GPU clocks will throttle down as a precautionary measure. 82c is a normal temp value while gaming, slightly higher though, but NOT alarming enough to worry much about IMO.

It won't cause any damage to your GPU though.

Last edited:
May 29, 2023
Your GPU temp values are within safe limits, nothing to worry much about. According to Nvidia the maximum GPU Temperature (in C) is 93. But that doesn't mean it's good to run the card at those temp values.

That's the threshold limit, after which the GPU clocks will throttle down as a precautionary measure. 82c is a normal temp value while gaming, slightly higher though, but alarming enough to worry much about IMO.

It won't cause any damage to your GPU though.
Thanks a lot sir if you don't mind i have one more question, how can i notice my gpu got damaged?

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
which asus 3060 ti? small dual one?

If so probably normal, is it the strix variant? then not, go ahead and repaste, check if fans are spinning, etc...