[SOLVED] Asus RTX 3060 Tuf Gaming OC 12GB

kulharin

Honorable
Jan 3, 2018
Hello, just installed a Asus RTX 3060 Tuf Gaming OC 12GB

I am using MSI afterburner unless something else would be better for this card?

Is it better to up the clock speed first and find a stability threshold there, and then move on to memory, or start with a baseline for both and move up together incrementally?

Aside from crashing or freezing are there any other indicators or artifacts that will hint if either my clock speed, or my memory speed is too high? how would I differ between the two? Thanks.

Currently I got it set to +125 on the clock and +800 and have had no issue.

Solution
To get much more out of it you will need to make a few more changes.
1 push power limit to max .
2 Unlock temp and power limit.Click Small chain symbol to break it..
3 Set a more aggressive fan profile. I run 45c= 45%- 55c= 55%- 65c= 65%- 75c= 75% . But you need to find what works for your card and fan noise.
4Increase case input air. Set a more aggressive fan curve for front intake fans.
Nvidia cards will override your set clock speeds if voltage, temperature or usage state gets too high.
So for best results keep the card cooler. It will result in lower voltage and higher sustained clocks under load.
And the cooler you keep it the higher it can boost within defined limits.
To get much more out of it you will need to make a few more changes.
1 push power limit to max .
2 Unlock temp and power limit.Click Small chain symbol to break it..
3 Set a more aggressive fan profile. I run 45c= 45%- 55c= 55%- 65c= 65%- 75c= 75% . But you need to find what works for your card and fan noise.
4Increase case input air. Set a more aggressive fan curve for front intake fans.
Nvidia cards will override your set clock speeds if voltage, temperature or usage state gets too high.
So for best results keep the card cooler. It will result in lower voltage and higher sustained clocks under load.
And the cooler you keep it the higher it can boost within defined limits.

Solution

kulharin

Honorable
Jan 3, 2018
I seem to be sitting pretty at +206 to the clock and +824 to the memory. If I raise the memory much higher then that, I start to on occasion get in game artifacts around 850+, although not in any of the bench stress tests, which all succeed and showed no artifacts. If I raise the clock much higher then that it was still handling all the bench stress tests for prolonged periods even at +220, except for the Kombustor burn in mode test, which would fail pretty quick.

other tests I used were fur mark, heaven, valley, super position, and fire strike.