[SOLVED] Asus RX 470 with i5 2400 bottleneck

wandercubilete

Reputable
Dec 14, 2017
hello guys

I have a RX 470 asus 4gb on my pc, 8gbram and an i5 2400, i switched from a EVGA gtx 770 2gb to the RX and now i feel games look way worse, i calculated on Bottleneck calculator and it says i have a 20% bottleneck, may be that the reason? or it's just that the 770 is better than the 470? Note (im using the rx 470 with a HDMI to VGA adapter) (and the 770 with a DVI to VGA adapter), i dont know if that has a negative effect in FPS, i want to know what of these two gpu's should i stick with. with the 770 i only calculated a 5% of bottleneck

Solution
That bottleneck calculator website is garbage, don’t use it.

A lot will depend on the specific game, the resolution and game settings choose. What are your FPS now compared to your old gpu? You should not see a reduction in FPS unless you have changed game settings or resolution.

A lot will depend on the specific game, the resolution and game settings choose. What are your FPS now compared to your old gpu? You should not see a reduction in FPS unless you have changed game settings or resolution.

Solution

wandercubilete

Reputable
Dec 14, 2017

I play at 1080p, when i had the 770 on my pc example with gta V i was getting 60fps with high settings, not its stuck at 20-35, settings need to be very low for them to up rise

Reactions: dotas1