Asus RX 480 8GB

jase888

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2012
About to purchase this as my AMD Radeon 6950 wont play Battlegrounds, ive overclocked my CPU (i7 2600k) to 4.5GHZ so now need a GPU to help it out.

This is the one im about to buy I just wodnered if anyone knows what Dual OC means I understand its overclocked but why the dual?

Just curious and do people think its a good price? Not a fan of the white but its in a case you cant see inside so no biggy. I was going to go with the 470 Nitro but held off a day and this has come cheaper

Solution
All GPU brands like Gigabyte, Asus, EVGA, MSI, etc, have their own brand names for different tiers of cards. The key bit is RX 480, which tells you the underlying GPU. In ASUS's case the "Dual" OC cards are their mid-tier products between "Turbo" (single fan - entry level) and "Strix" (high end - usually triple fan) versions. It's a solid card. You don't want to over-pay for high end versions of a particular GPU, as that underlying GPU is the most important bit.

Atomicdonut17

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017
From my understanding and experience with perusing these cards for countless hours, the 'dual' is the selling point for two fans. Some cards come with a single fan, but that's really just for the lower-end 460/550/560's, so there might be something else to it I'm not getting. As well, you're comparing a 470 to a 480. If the 480's cheaper, even with a 4gb frame buffer, I'd get it. Of course, they've an equal frame buffer, so it just makes it all the better.

All GPU brands like Gigabyte, Asus, EVGA, MSI, etc, have their own brand names for different tiers of cards. The key bit is RX 480, which tells you the underlying GPU. In ASUS's case the "Dual" OC cards are their mid-tier products between "Turbo" (single fan - entry level) and "Strix" (high end - usually triple fan) versions. It's a solid card. You don't want to over-pay for high end versions of a particular GPU, as that underlying GPU is the most important bit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS