Question Asus RX 580 graphics card & Linux 21.3 OS

Airdale

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
During post the dual fans run (proving they are receiving power.) When the computer gets into the UEFI into bios the fans stop running (what is going on here?)
I can't seam to find any thing in the UEFI bios to cause this but yet its happening?

The system is a ASUS sabertooth FX 990 R2.0 motherboard, with a ANTIC 750 watt PS, a ANTEC AIO cooler, AMD 9590 CPU running @ 494x MHz
The system runs about 30-33 deg C, VRM's about 52 deg C, and the heat sink on the RX 580 runs about 51 deg C at the heat sink with no fans running.

Any positive thought's or comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

During post the dual fans run (proving they are receiving power.) When the computer gets into the UEFI into bios the fans stop running (what is going on here?)
I can't seam to find any thing in the UEFI bios to cause this but yet its happening?

The system is a ASUS sabertooth FX 990 R2.0 motherboard, with a ANTIC 750 watt PS, a ANTEC AIO cooler, AMD 9590 CPU running @ 494x MHz
The system runs about 30-33 deg C, VRM's about 52 deg C, and the heat sink on the RX 580 runs about 51 deg C at the heat sink with no fans running.

Any positive thought's or comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

honestly fx motherboards where a royal pain in the rear

but from what i remember the fans on the rx 580 wont start spinning till they go up to 55c or 60c

As mentioned above, the fans do not spin up until it reaches a higher temperature, as advertised on the product page:

GYOL6PU.png

Actually in previous generations they had a lot of false alarm warranty claims because people who didn't know about this feature thought their graphics card was broken when the fans didn't spin up at boot. So on this generation they made the fan spin for a few seconds at boot before going down, just to show the user that it wasn't broken. But still some people worry :)

Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
I own arround 50+ RX480 and 580 cards. Most of them are Sapphire, but i own also Gigabyte, XFX, ASUS, MSI and PowerColor.
All of them have the same behavior : at start up - the fans spins up at max speed. Somewhere in the boot procedure - the coolers will shut down.
When booting in OS - after a while the fans will start when reaching the designated temp.
Do not worry, as @Glenwing said earlier - this is supposed to be this way.

TRENDING THREADS