Question Asus Rx570 multiple malfunction

Oct 29, 2019
Hey everyone!

I need your help/advice if you were in my shoes any time.

So here's my story: I bought a brand new Asus RX 570 Expedition graphics card back in november 2018. After 3 months it stopped working so I returned it to the retailer. Fortunetaly I had a one-time guarantee which allowed me to change the gpu to a new one. This was on my retailer.

My second card which was the same model as my first one was running from february 2019 to november 2019 then the same issue occured. Back to my retailer. This time they did RMA it back to the Czech headquarter of Asus. After 1 month they succesfully repaired the card and sent it back to me.

The repaired card was working from december 2019 to january 2020. At this point I felt like I was running in circles and getting nowhere. Same story, RMA.
After 1 and a half month Asus told my retailer that they couldn't fix the thing so they send back a different one for me.

This is how I got my third Expedition card which was surely refurbished because of all the scratches it had. I was kinda happy when I saw that the serial number on this is completely different from the first 2 so I thought maybe this will live a longer life.
F*ck no! From mid february to april 8.

I can RMA it again but I think it's pathetic that I legit think it's impossible to use their cards more than a couple of months.
What should I do? Can I get my money back somehow from Asus or my retailer?
I've been trying to reach out to Asus about my problems but their website is a complete maze and I did not find any contact for this.

Thanks in advance for your replies! Stay safe.

Oct 29, 2019
What exactly happened to your cards? What's the rest of your system?
Pc couldn't start when it was connected to the mb.
I think all of the faults were vrm overheating. Atleast I was told by others. Asus never told me the cause after rma.

Rest of my system:
Ryzen 5 1600af @3,9ghz
G.skill aegis 2x8 gb @3200 mhz
Fsp hydro g 650w
Msi b450m-a pro max
2 intake fans, 1 exhaust on rear/top

Gzr

Apr 8, 2020
Does the card work now? I mean, do you have display output, do you get into games and it crashes/shuts down or it doesn't even post? Have you monitored frequencies, voltages, clocks etc.?

I find it very odd that different and (allegedly) repaired cards would all just... malfunction or die like that, especially in that sort of time. If I were you I'd probably have asked for a refund way earlier but I do understand that's probably out of the question by now.

If you're not really in the mood for troubleshooting (if applicable, anyway) the one you've got now, then RMA seems to be the only solution. Or perhaps you can try and reach a compromise and pay a little more on top of that and get a different card?

Oct 29, 2019
Does the card work now? I mean, do you have display output, do you get into games and it crashes/shuts down or it doesn't even post? Have you monitored frequencies, voltages, clocks etc.?

I find it very odd that different and (allegedly) repaired cards would all just... malfunction or die like that, especially in that sort of time. If I were you I'd probably have asked for a refund way earlier but I do understand that's probably out of the question by now.

If you're not really in the mood for troubleshooting (if applicable, anyway) the one you've got now, then RMA seems to be the only solution. Or perhaps you can try and reach a compromise and pay a little more on top of that and get a different card?
I tried everything with all of my cards. The first two cards just stopped giving signal. Fortunetaly I have 2 old spare cards to troubleshoot with. When the last two happened they couldn't even post.

I reached out to my retailer and to Asus directly (both in my home country and the service center) right after my second card went down. They competely ignored me and my reasoning... and that emailing is still happening. My most recent card is currently on its way to rma while I'm trying to achieve a fair agreement with asus. Their customer service is below hell