Asus S550C Laptop freezes and requires hard reset to be able to use again.

HeartlessGamer

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
Over time the computer would slow down so about 8 months ago i did a system restore and removed all the base programs and installed windows 10. 2 nights ago the computer was left on with the game warframe playing the next morning the computer was frozen and i was forced to do a hard reset. For a little while the computer was fine with me only using it for homework. Then the computer started freezing and i was unable to do anything unless i performed a hard restart. I googled the issue and found an option to just do a factory reset again. I did the factory reset and the computer still freezes and will not perform any tasks. I was able to run a disc drive error repair and it said no errors were found. I then began starting the pc and immediately running the task manager to see what processes were running and come to see that 40% of the cpu is being used 31% of the memory is being used and a steady 50% of the disc drives are being used. I then jumped to the my computer window and looked at my disc drives which again seemed odd because 1 drive contain 271gb of storage and the other contains 370gb of storage which matches neither of the disc drives. By this point the computer would freeze and i would have to perform a hard restart.
Began freezing in windows 10
still freezes in windows 8 fresh install

Specifications
Asus S550C ultrabook
cpu- i7 3537u, 2.0 ghz
ram- 8gb
storage- 750gb hdd 24gb ssd