Asus Sabertooth 990fx Usb over current status detected error

Zelendes

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Got Asus Sabertooth 990fx not the r2.0 or whatever its called. Got error " usb over current status detected" Checked CPU RAM GPU PSU on other rigs to ensure they work. I air dusted everything that had a slight spec of dust. The motherboard is outside of the case and on a box it came in. Every usb port has been checked for bent pins and aired out. Cant get into Bios because of this so i can disable the usb ports. I tried everything! I even desolder one of the usb port from the board and still get same error. I checked back of board to see if any solder was overlapping other ports. Trash the motherboard? Im stumped

Solution
Do not touch USB ports.
It can be fixed by master.
Main solutions:
1. Bios - need to reflash on programmer.
2. Remove *Protections* near USB slots.
3. Replace ITE chip.
4. Replace chipset.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Is there ANYTHING plugged into the USB ports (mouse, keyboard, anything?). Also do you have any external ports connected to the headers? This is always either caused by bent pins or a bad device. Desoldiering from the motherboard is a very bad idea, the motherboards soldier is very precise, and the board itself is very sensitive, you may well just compound the problem doing that.

Zelendes

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

Hi, everything is unplugged from the usb ports and no external ports. But yeah i know desoldering it was a risky choice. Guess i could always hang it up as a picture frame and make art out of it :D. It still boots up no problem after desolder. I even downloaded the manual and read the whole thing to see if maybe there was a super hidden jumper that could turn of the usb ports or something lol.

Side note, I have also checked all dim slots, PCI, and PCI E for any metal pieces or shaving wedged in there but its clean as a whistle. ^_^

Zelendes

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

Yeah, well thanks for trying to help. I guess i will just keep tinkering with it. Its gonna become my mad science experiment. Time to whip out the soldering iron again. Muahahahahha it shale live!

Take out every USB port LOL

romirez

Distinguished
Do not touch USB ports.
It can be fixed by master.
Main solutions:
1. Bios - need to reflash on programmer.
2. Remove *Protections* near USB slots.
3. Replace ITE chip.
4. Replace chipset.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS