Asus sabertooth x58 trouble, help please!

clover

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
Hi, i have resently build a computer that has starting to acting wierd. It can run smoothly 1-3 days and after that it has trouble with starting, it loads up bios etc comes to the windows logo and there it shut it self down. If i try to start it again it only start blinking red lights on the motherboard red light and the power button also blinking then i shut down the powersupply and turn it on, and it starts from points one, Loading windows shut it self down and have to do the same so then i release the CMOS on the motherboard and then it starts fine and smooth runs like 1-3 days and then the problem starts again. These are the components i have in the computer:

ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Socket-1366
Corsair A70 CPU Cooler
Corsair TX 650W PSU
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 2000MHz 6GB CL9
Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-950
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 470 1280MB PhysX CUDA

Im grateful for any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Many thanks
Alexander Larsson

alexie

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Well if i were you, I'll change the order of the DDR3 memory. I had a pair of DDR2 memory in past and they work in one order, don't work in reverse order. Also you can get an exact information by using a POST test card.

jeke

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
I have quite the same problem here

ASUS SABERTOOTH X58, Socket-1366
Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-950
Seasonic X-650
G.Skill RL Series RipJaws 12 Go DDR3-SDRAM PC3-10666

I' m trying to test with my old corsair 500w power supply, and for now no crash anymore. (few houres)

but i don't know yet if my power supply is the problem, or Compatibility problem with the mother board with the "Pull" technolology of the power supply.

Did you resolved your problem?

I'll tell you if i found a solution

jeke

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
Finally it was one of the cable of the power supply that wasn't prefectly plug in, and making loose contact.

Hope this is a clue for your problem.