Asus Sabertooth X99 Ram issues HELP please

DardaniaLion

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
Hi All,

Could you guys please help me to solve a problem that I think the RAM is causing?

I get this blue screen when windows is loading or is already on desktop.

My motherboard is Asus Sabertooth X99 2011-3. My CPU is 5930K and the ram is from Corsair. The Ram model number is this: CMK16GX4M2A2133C13 13-15-15-28 1.20V Ver 3.20.

When I installed the ram, it was beeping and I had to press memok button and it started working but I think it's not compatible or needs a bit of timing in the bios. I don't know how to do it myself.

The ram is installed in both white slots on the left side of the CPU.

What am I doing wrong or is the ram actually not for this board. I did check asus website and this ram I have is not on the list that it supports but I thought memok will do the trick. I mean the system works but does give me this blue screen called MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 00000000`00041792

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
1| According to your manual, page 1-11, when dealing with two sticks of ram, they should be populating slots B1 and D1. That would be your mistake, IMHO.

2| Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? For good measure, update it to ensure maximum compatibility with your platform.

DardaniaLion

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016

Hi and thanks for your reply.

The latest BIOS for this board is Beta version and it gave me a lot of beeps when I tried it. I have one which is below the beta and it's the Version 3801.

Should I do any changes in bios or leave it as it is?

Once again thanks for your reply.

DardaniaLion

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016

I have installed the ram in B1 and D1.

Any idea if I have to do anything else? Is this ram actually okay for this board? Like I said I could not find it in the list that supports it.

Thanks

SPD Latency 15-15-15-36
Tested Latency 13-15-15-28

Serial Presence Detect (SPD) is what the memory runs at when left on [Auto].
Rated specifications will be set by enabling XMP or DOCP in BIOS.

Memory management errors may be caused by defective memory. Test memory with MemTest86. If any errors are detected, return the ENTIRE kit under warranty to Corsair for replacement.
https://www.memtest86.com/

DardaniaLion

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I have done the memory test and it ran without any errors for like 3 times. I don't really know what you mean by this "Rated specifications will be set by enabling XMP or DOCP in BIOS".

Should I change anything in bios?

Thanks for your interest to help me.

DardaniaLion

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016

I have enabled it. You think this solves the ram issue?

DardaniaLion

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
Now I have another blue screen this morning. It gave me this: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED fltmgr.sys Also this info can be seen in bluescreenview: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ffffffff`c0000005.

Anyone with any help? This last error looks like ram issue. I really wonder if I should change ram but it's not giving any error when checking.