Asus Sabertooth X99 won't boot

mitmizar

Honorable
May 2, 2016
Hi everyone just finished build my new PC and sadly when I finished the fans start spin and the under case lights ilumiated but that is all, and then it loops all over again with no Post or any other thing.

I really do not know what to do.

My confing is

the asus sabertooth x99
16 gb corsair memory
old nvidia 9700 card
evga p850 PSU
and the intel i7 5820k

thanks

mitmizar

Honorable
May 2, 2016

I made a test removing all memory from the slots and there is no error sound or light, the problem is the same as when all components were installed the memory I have is CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M4B3000C15

mitmizar

Honorable
May 2, 2016
I have tested the power supply with my old system and it worked fine.. I did attached my smartphone to see if the TUF app will solve the problem, but is the same.. power on 2 secs then power off

From the video it looks to me like the memory is not fully inserted (latches in locked position). Try removing the graphics card and make sure that the RAM is fully inserted (don't push too hard though).

mitmizar

Honorable
May 2, 2016

today I use 1 mem module as you recomend, and nothing... then I put 2 and also nothing.

monday I will buy a cheap 2133 4 gb module to test.... but I honestly find hard to belive that the corsair memory is damaged.

I do not know if my 3000 speed mem will have something to do? since the native speed is 2133 and 2400

A new RAM will not fix the issue. Check the alignment of the RAM slots' latches. Make sure that after RAM insertion, when locked, the latch is in line with the latches of the empty slots, in "locked" position.
What you can also try is removing the power switch wires from the motherboard and using a screwdriver for touching the 2 pins on the board and starting the system. This way you'd rule out a faulty power button.

mitmizar

Honorable
May 2, 2016
I wilk try it to be honest I never thought that the empty ram sockets have to be with the secure pin in the close position.

i will make a video so you can see...

"I never thought that the empty ram sockets have to be with the secure pin in the close position."
They don't. It's only for checking if the secure pin of the filled slot is in the correct position (RAM fully inserted)

TRENDING THREADS