Question Asus Sabertooth Z170 S integrated graphics question

Jun 10, 2019
I have an issue whereby my monitor doesn't detect a signal from my video card. I thought there might be an issue with the monitor, but connecting my camera (Sony a7iii) to its HDMI port works fine. Then I suspected that my video card was broken as it's so old now so I tried removing that and connecting the DisplayPort cable from the motherboard to the monitor. The monitor is still not receiving anything over DisplayPort or HDMI. I don't have any other hardware to test with unfortunately. I tried resetting the CMOS as I thought onboard graphics might have been disabled in BIOS -- no dice.

I've never actually used integrated graphics on a motherboard before. I should see some sort of video output, right?

What do you guys reckon? Motherboard or video card finished? Or both? PSU? The motherboard is still under warranty, and I need to replace that video card anyway.

CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz Skylake 14nm Technology
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer C Liquid CPU Cooler (CLW0222)

RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Kingston HyperX FURY

Motherboard
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 S (LGA1151)

Monitor
Acer H277HU connected over DisplayPort

Graphics Card
Sapphire AMD FirePro V4900

PSU
Acbel iPower 90m 500 W Modular ATX power supply

Jun 10, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply. Good point. The motherboard has Post state LEDs (which I think is Q-LED, according to the manual). Here's what the manual states:

POST state LEDs provide the status of these key components during POST: CPU, DRAM, VGA, BOOT_DEVICE. If an error is found, the critical component's LED stays lit up until the problem is solved.

However, upon boot, CPU LED goes on-off, DRAM LED goes on-off and then back to CPU LED and the cycle repeats. It doesn't get to VGA or boot device; or hang on a problem component. No VGA is obviously why there is nothing on screen.

I tried removing the two RAM sticks and trying them in and out in various configurations and it makes no difference. Would removing and replacing the CPU be worth a shot since it's cycling between CPU and DRAM? It looks like the motherboard needs Asus to take a look at it though.