Asus Sabertooth Z170 S Motherboard: Winter Is Coming Inside Your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJohnJJJ

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
Just out of curiosity, what are the "more advanced cooling features" that this version is missing?

I've compared the two and they both have quality parts and have Thermal Radar 2. The Z170 S also has TUF ICe.

The only differences I could find was, because the Mark 1 is covered in armor, it needed two silly loud fans and has two thermistors.

Are these the 'advanced' features?

difuid

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
While having options is always nice but adding features that disable or lower the performance of each other just so you can have a longer list of features is questionable for a board that should only be about reliability and stability.

I think downsizing the third PCI-e 16x slot so it matches what it can really support (4x) and dropping the interfering SATA port would have been a better solution. Especially considering there are quite a few Z170 boards that cater for the enthusiasts who want 3 or 4 video cards in their system.

gamejunky74

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
When I read the title of this article the first thought that ran through my mind was "Why would Jonathan Winters be humping my PC? He never did any kind of edgy comdey routine back in the day." After laughing a few seconds I pointed it out to a few of my older friends. They all had the same thoughts and laughs about the title. You might want to stick another title on the article.

wussupi83

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
I'd love to have a USA manufactured motherboard option to choose from - it's a shame non of these high end electronics are manufactured in the USA.

g-unit1111

Titan
How can they have a winter themed motherboard and not go full Game Of Thrones man? :lol:

Although what's the pricing on this thing? Because I'm betting not cheap, though it would look pretty sweet in my H440.

MetaknightXYZ

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Where can i purchase this board? I'm in canada but don't mind foreign exchange fees if it's not released up here yet. would go perfect with my ASUS "blizzard" themed build.
PCPartpicker, Newegg, NCIX, Amazon, Ebay? lol just reply with a link or something

Status
Not open for further replies.