Asus SABERTOOTH Z77

prolemur

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
I want to get this motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77
I also want to use the Bitfenix Shinobi XL which has 4 USB 3.0 ports on the front of the case.
Can the Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 power all of the USB 3.0 ports or will some have to be USB 2.0?

Solution
There is only one midboard(Internal) USB 3.0 port that supports 2 headers so you will only be able to have two of those four ports operational. As far as the USB charging there's two features this board offers one being AI Charger I( Allows you to fast charge devices but not very sure if this includes MIDBOARD connections or just rear panel connections) and the other USB Charger + ( Same as the other but allows you to fast charge devices when the computer is off) - USB Charger + which is the same port for USB flashback is only supported by the second port from the LAN port closest to the motherboard

wcYh4FcwCgISBgb7_500.jpg
It says it has two onboard internal usb 3.0 headers so from that it appears to be able to do so. The case may have two seperate leads and i so that will work but if it has four seperate leads then no it won't. It may end up depending on the wireing of the case.

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
There is only one midboard(Internal) USB 3.0 port that supports 2 headers so you will only be able to have two of those four ports operational. As far as the USB charging there's two features this board offers one being AI Charger I( Allows you to fast charge devices but not very sure if this includes MIDBOARD connections or just rear panel connections) and the other USB Charger + ( Same as the other but allows you to fast charge devices when the computer is off) - USB Charger + which is the same port for USB flashback is only supported by the second port from the LAN port closest to the motherboard

wcYh4FcwCgISBgb7_500.jpg

Solution
sabertooth is a total gimmick. the shroud traps heat rather than reducing heat. overclocking would also be a joke since the bios and components are the same as the standard boards. the z77-v pro would be almost identical but much cheaper

there are better cases than the shinobi xl. cases like a switch 810 or a fractal define R4 are waaay better options

TRENDING THREADS