ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 vs asus maximus VI formula

Solution
Any plan's for SLI (multiple GPUs)? Even if so, unless planning more than 2 GPUs or have a need for the extra SATA and USB ports or have plans to use liquid cooling for the mobo (on the Formula) may just want to look at the Asus Maximus Hero, great mobo

Mickster133

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

i will over clock and will be getting a 4770K
and will be used for gaming, watching movies and surfing the web

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Any plan's for SLI (multiple GPUs)? Even if so, unless planning more than 2 GPUs or have a need for the extra SATA and USB ports or have plans to use liquid cooling for the mobo (on the Formula) may just want to look at the Asus Maximus Hero, great mobo

Solution

Mickster133

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

thanks

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Sorry, but no, every mobo will not OC the same, far from it....there are a number of factors that play in to OCing. I routinely test new CPUs in my rigs and often put my CPUs in others and the difference can vary widely in the OC you can achieve (both overall OC as well as stable OCs).....

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

I have to agree with him your "scamtooth" will over clock far beyond what an Evo could hope to overclock, the difference is that your "scamtooth" has better heat evaporation then the EVO, which allows it to further overclock, also as you overclock more and more if your going to be running a higher speed of ram.

you are CPU limited before you are ever motherboard limited especially for haswell. the differences will be minimal (a 100mhz gain is never worth doubling the price). this does not factor in unrealistic usage scenarios such as LN2

if you were talking about ivy bridge, you are talking about within 200mhz tops and the farther back you go, the bigger the difference.