Asus Said to be Preparing Cheap 7-Inch Tablet for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Pretty pointless seeing as they sell the nexus 7 which looks to have better specs in everything and is cheaper

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
The Nexus 7 is cheap in the US. In Africa, South America and some other markets, heavy taxing makes them quite expensive and such an alternative would be welcomed by them.

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
The mere fact that it isn't a Nexus tablet and won't get the latest updates at a fast rate (and maybe also have some bloatware skin) means it would have to be considerably cheaper than the Nexus 7, at least for me.
Even if the hardware was better at the same price.

Maybe $149?

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
the expandable memory to me makes it worth the extra money even if the specs aren't as great. the annoting thing about the nexus 7 is swapping media on the device. I would love to just buy a few sd card load some up with movies and different tv series to interchange memory cards on long trips.. then sagain most people don't travel as much and for as long a time as me so /shrug i am probably a niche market

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]the expandable memory to me makes it worth the extra money even if the specs aren't as great. the annoting thing about the nexus 7 is swapping media on the device. I would love to just buy a few sd card load some up with movies and different tv series to interchange memory cards on long trips.. then sagain most people don't travel as much and for as long a time as me so /shrug i am probably a niche market[/citation]

gooby pls

Status
Not open for further replies.