Question Asus Scar III G531GW - Lights underneath laptop not working after Windows 10 update (and/or Rog Aura Core) install

Apr 26, 2019
I got a brand new Asus Scar III G531GW a couple of days ago and I updated Windows 10 Home to the latest version yesterday (to be able to use Xbox Game Pass on PC, apparently required). I also downloaded Asus ROG Aura Core if that matters.

Since then I've noticed that the RGB lights underneath the laptop has stopped working. The RGB lights on both the keyboard and behind the screen are still working. Any idea what the issue could be? I've not found a way to get it working since, tried re-installing whatever drivers I can find on the website.

Oct 1, 2019
I have the exact same problem with the same model of the laptop!
the RGB lights only underneath the laptop have stopped working.

have you found any solution for this issue?

Thank you.

Oct 5, 2019
Im also getting same problem after installing ROG Aura core
the led bar underneath the laptop stopped glowing
I hope Asus to make a fix for this
has any one found any solution?

Oct 1, 2019
Yes, I found a solution, it somehow stops working and it's not synced anymore.
So, what you need to do is just reset the listing system to default, and enter the settings.
make sure that you installed the right drivers, also the lightingservice working correctly.
note: ROG Aura core works only for specific Asus laptops.
if your laptop is g531 or g731 then you don't need ROG Aura core, you need Armoury cart application.
you can always find the right drivers for your laptop model on the Asus website.

TRENDING THREADS