Asus Shipping ROG G751, Transformer Book T200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagbasket

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
Will the g751jt be avaliable at best buy? And the starting price is supposed to be $1499 why are websites showing higher prices such as $1800-1900?

Swagbasket

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
Will the g751jt be avaliable at best buy? And the starting price is supposed to be $1499 why are websites showing higher prices such as $1800-1900?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Some of us do more than game on these machines. I use VMWare. Point made.

Thank you, finally someone here that thinks beyond gaming. I'm a gamer but also a sysadmin and work with VMs often, more RAM never hurts. Besides, 32 GB is the maximum config, it will also be sold with 8 and 16. And no, EasyLover, 16 GB is not always sufficient, did you not read the comment about VMWare? If you run several big VMs at once, this 16 GB will quickly become not enough.

Price tag of $1499 or saying $1500! I believe leaving the portability aside, one should consider buying the desktop PC for this much bucks.

... which means this machine is not for you, since it IS made for people who need it portable. The only reason I bought a gaming desktop instead of laptop 3 years ago is because laptops are horribly overpriced where I live ($1500 G-series becomes $3000). As much as I love my desktop, I can't take it to my frequent trips abroad or to a friend's house for a LAN party. If I could, I'd swap for a gaming-capable laptop in a heartbeat, especially with Maxwell.

Yeah, thanks for pointing out that it is not for me. None of notebooks are for me actually :) Anyhow, buying gaming laptops and then using them for something like business oriented apps certainly deem more resources but don't make sense. My contention was only from gaming perspective. Honestly, for gaming 16 gigs is more than plenty.

Downsize your computer to mini-itx in a shoebox-sized case; traveling is a bit of a pain but can be done, and LAN parties are a breeze. :)

Barrett Meeker

Reputable
Oct 22, 2014
For game development, 3D work and photogrammetry 32 GB of ram is sometimes needed. I used to have 16 GB for the desktop but ran out and could no longer do lighting builds with the unreal engine until I upgraded. I went to 48 GB (max for my mobo)

Status
Not open for further replies.