Asus Shows New Republic of Gamers TYTAN Gaming PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have practically the same setup I built myself for $3200. Including a 30" 2560 x 1600 ips HP display. 3770k i7 @ 4.5, 16gb 1600 ram, msi board, GTX 690, XFI fatality sound, NZXT phantom white case 7 white led fans, corsair liquid cooling. It can be done but nice system anyway Asus. I'm sure there are those few that will run out and pick this up.

lp231

Splendid
Saw this in another article and the board it's using is the Asus Rampage IV Formula
[citation][nom]sherlockwing[/nom]A $4k build and they have to save money on a Rampage IV Formula there over a Rampage IV Extreme?? Money Grab!!!![/citation]

Rampage IV Formula is designed for gaming while Extreme is for overclocking. It has a better audio, passive heatsink, and most games don't even need more than 8GB, having 16GB is plenty.
The can go with a Maximus V Formula or Extreme, both have BT 4.0+mini card adapter, and the Maximus V Extreme is similar in price to the Rampage IV Formula.

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
I build my own rigs (rocket science!) but stuff like this is so disappointing. How about a desktop / laptop that has the need for speed but doesn't look like it belongs to the WoW villain from that episode of south park. A lot of people grew up with games as a kid and are now adults... who like.... date girls and stuff. Is it so hard to make something that is elegant and simple as opposed to lolzorz look at my rocket turbo fans with neon lights. lift-off in 3 2 1 virgin!

lp231

Splendid
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]I have practically the same setup I built myself for $3200. Including a 30" 2560 x 1600 ips HP display. 3770k i7 @ 4.5, 16gb 1600 ram, msi board, GTX 690, XFI fatality sound, NZXT phantom white case 7 white led fans, corsair liquid cooling. It can be done but nice system anyway Asus. I'm sure there are those few that will run out and pick this up.[/citation]
Your build is based on socket 1155, that Asus prebuilt is based on socket 2011, huge difference in price especially in motherboard and CPU. Socket 2011 can go up to 8 cores (Xeon E5) or dual CPUs as well as
dual x16 slots in SLI or CFX. 1155 reduces to x8/x8 when running SLI or CFX.

bigpoppastuke

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Just a little misinformation, the rig has a Xonar Phoebus (mentioned in the video @ 1:00) not a Xonar DX.

I just want the case! That thing is awesome!

georgekn3mp

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
In May 2012 I built myself a new computer with i7-3930k 6-core, Asus P9x79 Pro motherboard, 16gb of RAM at 1866, a single 256GB Crucial M4 SSD, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda, a Gigabyte GTX670 Windforce O/C, Asus BluRay Burner, CPU overclocked to 4.5 Ghz with a Corsair H100 LCLC on a AX850 watt Gold Corsair PSU.

$2500 with Win 7, but my case just isn't this "Cool" lol it would wake everyone up when the LED's light up. Now if I add two more 670's it would be closer to this machine's price but still under it. If I added a discrete soundcard like that XONAR, it would probably sound a little better but the P9 MB has very good onboard 7.1 anyway.

Of course separate warranties rather than one overall, but Ive had no problems with it.

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
case reminds me of a chubby midget. its fat. for that price i would expect dual processors, and atleast 500GB of SSD storage. also.. for $4000. you should not need to overclock for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.