Asus Shows New Republic of Gamers TYTAN Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhh3000

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Interesting case, never seen anything like that. For $4k though, I'd rather build my own monster machine. But then again, I'm sure nearly everyone here on Tom's would do the same.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Is this the one where you press a button on the front and it goes into "overclock mode" and all the LED's light up?

It's ASUS and RoG so i'm sure it's well desgined, but I'm more than happy with my whisper quiet, low key but completely functional Define R3 from Fractal.

G

It says it has the dual-GPU Geforce 690, not two cards. I thought the specs were nice, they make a balanced gaming machine. But 4k is asking too much for that.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]chuckydb[/nom]I prefer gasoline as a method to easily burn away money...Dual 690... Really???[/citation]

It is not dual GTX690, it is dual GPU GTX 690, which means a single 690 card which has two GPUs.

Onihikage

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
[citation][nom]Ygramul[/nom]It says it has the dual-GPU Geforce 690, not two cards. I thought the specs were nice, they make a balanced gaming machine. But 4k is asking too much for that.[/citation]
You can never pay too much for a Transformer!

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Why go with a 690 when SLI of 670 or 680 is a better performance per price option?

Not to mention it would be easier to cool two GPUs than one hot GPU.

Specs look fine... but if I had $4K to burn I would want a machine that looks elegant and interesting, not... well, not whatever that thing is.

How about $4K for an all-in-one 30" game rig that still uses ATX parts? which runs silent? To me that would be way more impressive than some chincy pop-out mechanism... I mean, I would feel foolish for buying it every time I pressed the button.

Fulgurant

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012
Looks cool. Something about burning that much money and then only having 128GB of SSD capacity bugs me though. Maybe I'm just getting old; the pure gaming muscle doesn't impress me as much as I'm annoyed at the prospect of micro-managing game/application installs on a $4k machine.

Phhh, with the catastrophe of the G73J (I am one of the unfortunate customer), I would not touch that with a 10' pole.

Asus is on my black list for good after numerous RMA and fights with Fedex... never again.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Fulgurant[/nom]Looks cool. Something about burning that much money and then only having 128GB of SSD capacity bugs me though. Maybe I'm just getting old; the pure gaming muscle doesn't impress me as much as I'm annoyed at the prospect of micro-managing game/application installs on a $4k machine.[/citation]

I agree. A couple of 256GBs in RAID 0 would make more sense.

chuckydb

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]It is not dual GTX690, it is dual GPU GTX 690, which means a single 690 card which has two GPUs.[/citation]
Ho... 4000 and only one card.... Well that is more of a waste of money then I tought!!!

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Fulgurant[/nom]Looks cool. Something about burning that much money and then only having 128GB of SSD capacity bugs me though. Maybe I'm just getting old; the pure gaming muscle doesn't impress me as much as I'm annoyed at the prospect of micro-managing game/application installs on a $4k machine.[/citation]2x 128GB in RAID 0 = 256 GB
Still not great for a $4k machine, but it will easily fit the OS and a number of core programs/games.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]lradunovic77[/nom]There is one problem...Windows 8 installed[/citation]
Yeah you'll need that extra overclocking to get past all that BS that comes with Windows 8.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Yeah you'll need that extra overclocking to get past all that BS that comes with Windows 8.[/citation]

Actually, Windows 8 is more efficient and has more advanced power-saving features than Windows 7, especially with laptops.

It's just the UI that's causing some issues...

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
[citation][nom]chuckydb[/nom]Ho... 4000 and only one card.... Well that is more of a waste of money then I tought!!![/citation]
That ONE CARD is two GTX 680's, and it is around 1000 USD. So, yeah.

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]uhh3000[/nom]Interesting case, never seen anything like that. For $4k though, I'd rather build my own monster machine. But then again, I'm sure nearly everyone here on Tom's would do the same.[/citation]

with 4k you will pro have twice the power this machine has

Status
Not open for further replies.