Asus SK8V and SATA

Does anyone have any tips for installing either win2k or winxp on a
SATA drive and a SK8V mb.No matter what I try,it seems the drive is
not recognized by either os and it bombs out during setup.The memory
is on the Asus approved list.Please help!

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

I do not have that motherboard.
But my boot drive is a SATA drive.

For first Windows (repairs or updates does not require that),
you have to choose SCSI or SATA - depending on your BIOS -
as the boot drive.

And for that drive to me recognized as the first (C:) drive
disconnect any IDE drive before launching the installation.

Very important : At the beginning of the installation process,
when you are asked to press F6 to install additional
drivers, do so. The drivers and accompanying files must
be available on a diskette. You will find them on your
mainboard's installation CD.

"Elio Mestevez" <Eliom523@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Does anyone have any tips for installing either win2k or winxp on a
> SATA drive and a SK8V mb.No matter what I try,it seems the drive is
> not recognized by either os and it bombs out during setup.The memory
> is on the Asus approved list.Please help!

On my ASUS K8V SE DELUXE:
By ASUS MB CD ROM > Explore Disk > "VIARAID" > "6420RAID" > "DriverDisk";
click on "MakeDisk" and, at request, insert a formatted Floppy on
floppy-driver.
In the end of process, on the floppy there are drivers for Sata requested by
WinXP during installation.
For WinXP, files to load are two: the second and fourth.
naigh