News Asus Slaps A Blower-Type Cooler On New GeForce RTX 3070

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Look another one!

Praytell why was the Titan cooler a blower style? <<Edited by moderator>>
nVIDIA was being cheap or they're designed for Server Racks where you don't have much air flow options and the only way out is through the back for heat.

Pray tell, why has nVIDIA moved all their high end GPU's including the 3070 / 3080 / 3090 to Axial coolers? Moron!

Literally both AMD and nVIDIA moved away from Blowers for their top end reference designs.

Most High End GPU's are moving away from Blowers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimmyP777

Prominent
Dec 12, 2020
A blower is consistent thermal design, far more engineering goes into them then regular internal air spreaders. Same situation with a BTX form factor and a power supply's airflow being excluded from the case. There are zero other compromises only a <<Edited by moderator>> would "lol" at a blower design. Oh "Bottom tier cards" I feel for anyone that listens to you for computer advice, and most likely advice in general. <<Edited by moderator>>

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
A blower is consistent thermal design, far more engineering goes into them then regular internal air spreaders. Same situation with a BTX form factor and a power supply's airflow being excluded from the case. There are zero other compromises only a <<Edited by moderator>> would "lol" at a blower design. Oh "Bottom tier cards" I feel for anyone that listens to you for computer advice, and most likely advice in general. <<Edited by moderator>>

Even AHOC (Actually Hardcore OverClocking) recognizes that Blowers are utter garbage

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRm6N1A74oE

The same can be said for Axial Blowers, all the engineering that goes into them as well, you only need to look at the RTX 30 FE cards and see them used to great effect.

Look at all the Video Card manufacturers who have jumped on the Axial fan band wagon and how many are left on the Blower Card band wagon?

Do you want to take a look at the current market place and see how many are using Blowers compared to Axial fans?

BTX form factor was a crutch that Intel used to solve it's over heating issues while AMD at the time didn't have them, and the entire industry recognized it.
That's why it FAILED to catch on!

And because you're using the PSU to help cool the CPU, the longevity and thermals of your PSU was impacted so there's less thermal capacity of the air for your PSU to use to cool it's circuitry.

BTX is a DEAD form factor, get over it!

Only a <<Edited by moderator>> would constantly be rooting for weaker tech that is being thrown to the curbside by all the major GPU manufacturers and Video Card manufacturers.

I can't believe you think BTX (a dead & obsolete MoBo/Case spec) is a good idea, there are other fans to exhaust heat, you shouldn't be using your PSU to do that.

I feel for anyone that listens to YOU for computer advice, and most likely advice in general.<<Edited by moderator>>

TimmyP777

Prominent
Dec 12, 2020
Who cares about some random psychotic obsessed child overclocker? Overclocking in the modern day is for kids, and it is totally pointless. LOL You just pointed me to a video that says they suck for overclocking? WHO CARES? And Axial Blowers? Do you know how many cards fail because someone like Evga thought the could slap a axial on, not measure thermals, and be done with it? TONS. IN FACT this WAS EVGAs problem in the early 2010s and why their cards failed at an alarming rate (they righted the ship years back tho).

More products have axials on them because they are easier and cheaper. Period. That is LITERALLY the only reason.

When I say BTX I meant bottom mounted PSUs, I thought bottom mounted PSUs were adopted from BTX. My fault since Ive never had to worry about my PSU in nearly a decade. Never put any thought into it. Good that you went into detail about it and that I gave you that option to "talk over" the original argument WHERE YOU ARE WRONG.

Keep on overclocking for that extra 5 percent!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Civility is required for all members. Personal attacks and insults are not allowed.

Feel free to disagree, but be respectful. Uses sources and facts to bolster your arguments/position.

Attacking others will end poorly for all concerned.

Who cares about some random psychotic obsessed child overclocker? Overclocking in the modern day is for kids, and it is totally pointless. LOL You just pointed me to a video that says they suck for overclocking? WHO CARES? And Axial Blowers? Do you know how many cards fail because someone like Evga thought the could slap a axial on, not measure thermals, and be done with it? TONS. IN FACT this WAS EVGAs problem in the early 2010s and why their cards failed at an alarming rate (they righted the ship years back tho).

More products have axials on them because they are easier and cheaper. Period. That is LITERALLY the only reason.

When I say BTX I meant bottom mounted PSUs, I thought bottom mounted PSUs were adopted from BTX. My fault since Ive never had to worry about my PSU in nearly a decade. Never put any thought into it. Good that you went into detail about it and that I gave you that option to "talk over" the original argument WHERE YOU ARE WRONG.

Keep on overclocking for that extra 5 percent kid!
Overclocking and gaming is for kids!!

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Again, you miss the forest from the trees. It's more than just about OCing, it' about cooling capacity and the ability to push more air which can carry more Thermal Capacity to take away heat.

If you actually watched the video you'd understand what he was really talking about, it wasn't about OCing specifically.

With Blowers you're limited to 1x fan to carry all the heat out with a limited amount of CFM and Heat Exchanging Capacity.

The further the air has to travel, the more it soaks up heat and after a certain distance in mm, the air has absorbed the maximum amount of heat possible from the fin stacks and it lacks any more heat exchanging capacity past a certain distance.

With Axial Fans, you can get up to 3x Fans traveling a shorter distance through the fin stacks and leaving the card carrying more heat out of the Video Card.
Since Axial Fans have become the norm, larger Fin Stacks with more surface area have become the norm allowing the Video Card manufacturers to cool the product in a superior fashion with less noise.

nVIDIA literally implemented on the RTX 30 FE series a Dual Axial fan setup that carries the air out on the Aft side of the Video Card and the other air shooting through the PCB.

So it's a matter of willingness, in terms of manufacturer implementation to have Axial Fans carry heat out of the Aft end of the Video Card.

The industry knows better than your desire for Blower Fans and have largely moved away from it with only a few exceptions.

Just because eVGA sucks at "NOT Measuring Thermals" doesn't mean other manufacturers have their problem. That's on eVGA for being a lousy vendor.

It has nothing to do with Axial Fans. The fact that it's the most popular type of fan for Video Cards speaks volumes.

Keep on overclocking for that extra 5 percent!
More products have axials because they're superior for their purpose when implemented correctly and more cost effective for cooling a large amount of heat.
The reason they are cheaper is because the tooling for PC Axial fans is common through out the entire PC industry and it's just a different size and shape Axial fan compared to regular PC case fans.

It isn't cheaper to buy 2-3 Axial Fans vs 1 Blower Fans, it's more expensive. The most expensive part of a fan is the Electric Motor and hub implementation.
The amount of Mass from the plastic fan body, frame, & fan blades around the hub is relatively cheap in comparison since they are just large injection molded plastic parts that are mass produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.