Question Asus Software Advice

Doom-Desire

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Hey all, so I've recently built a PC with some RGB and, due to one or two of my parts being from different manufacturers, decided it'd be easier to manage with a more unified solution (e.g. signalRGB), the problem is I have an ASUS motherboard that constantly spins up services and processes that conflict with this program and cause that annoying infinitely loading mouse glitch. IO look in my programs and see quite a few ASUS programs, but don't want to go gung-ho purging them all in case any of them actually break something. So far I've removed the AURA RGB, Armoury Crate and the Asus Framework (Because it caused said mouse issue), but there are some more I'd like some advice on whether to purge or not:
  • Asus Motherboard
  • Asus FCNotification
  • ROG Fan Xpert 4
  • ROG Live Service
  • GameSDKService (Not sure it's ASUS, but advice on it would be nice all the same)
My only Asus product is the Motherboard, so I'm not worried about it interfering with the RGB components or anything.

Alternate question: is the Asus software too important and is better if I just keep to using different RGB programs for an my devices?

Thanks in advance!

The Aura Ready Game SDK is a service that allows users to control LEDs of Asus Aura enabled devices, such as keyboards, mice, mother boards, and more

So you SHOULD be able to get rid of that if you are using a different or Open Source solution for RGB controls.

The Fan Xpert 4 should be ok to ditch, so long as you are controlling the fan profiles from within the BIOS.

If you are not using Armory crate anymore, you can uninstall "ASUS motherboard".

ASUS FC Notification is for giving notification when Quick charge or Power delivery charging is triggered. It will still DO both those things without FC Notification installed (Probably can't uninstall it, but you can try. You CAN however disable the service in task manager) it just won't give you a notification when it's happening. I don't think this should interfere with your RGB software anyhow so whether you leave it or disable it is up to you.

You should also be ok getting rid of ASUS live service. Pretty much ALL of that software is installed when Armory crate, er, ASUS buggy trash, is installed.

Doom-Desire

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
So you SHOULD be able to get rid of that if you are using a different or Open Source solution for RGB controls.

The Fan Xpert 4 should be ok to ditch, so long as you are controlling the fan profiles from within the BIOS.

If you are not using Armory crate anymore, you can uninstall "ASUS motherboard".

ASUS FC Notification is for giving notification when Quick charge or Power delivery charging is triggered. It will still DO both those things without FC Notification installed (Probably can't uninstall it, but you can try. You CAN however disable the service in task manager) it just won't give you a notification when it's happening. I don't think this should interfere with your RGB software anyhow so whether you leave it or disable it is up to you.

You should also be ok getting rid of ASUS live service. Pretty much ALL of that software is installed when Armory crate, er, ASUS buggy trash, is installed.

Tl;Dr is safe to nuke the lot of it then? An approach I can get behind. Thanks for the response. I've heard less than good things about the bloatware that comes packaged with Asus products, but it's better to be safe than sorry. This build cost me a fair bit, would be a shame to destroy so early on its life.

Well, you wouldn't "destroy" anything anyhow. Worst case scenario in any event would be having to reinstall Windows and start over, but, if you have a proper OS backup saved which you absolutely should at any given time, as well as secondary backups of any important files or folders of a personal nature, then it wouldn't even be THAT much of an inconvenience. You'd simply restore it to the previous state via your existing backup.

Macrium reflect can be used to create such a backup, or there are even better options such as Acronis true image among others.

But yes, you SHOULD pretty much be fine getting rid of the lot of them.

Doom-Desire

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Well, you wouldn't "destroy" anything anyhow. Worst case scenario in any event would be having to reinstall Windows and start over, but, if you have a proper OS backup saved which you absolutely should at any given time, as well as secondary backups of any important files or folders of a personal nature, then it wouldn't even be THAT much of an inconvenience. You'd simply restore it to the previous state via your existing backup.

Macrium reflect can be used to create such a backup, or there are even better options such as Acronis true image among others.

But yes, you SHOULD pretty much be fine getting rid of the lot of them.

Sweet, I don't have backups at the moment (there's much to backup is a new system), but thanks for the software recommendation. It's been on my to do list.

Emoji_Thumbs_up_001.png

Aug 16, 2023
Hey all, so I've recently built a PC with some RGB and, due to one or two of my parts being from different manufacturers, decided it'd be easier to manage with a more unified solution (e.g. signalRGB), the problem is I have an ASUS motherboard that constantly spins up services and processes that conflict with this program and cause that annoying infinitely loading mouse glitch. IO look in my programs and see quite a few ASUS programs, but don't want to go gung-ho purging them all in case any of them actually break something. So far I've removed the AURA RGB, Armoury Crate and the Asus Framework (Because it caused said mouse issue), but there are some more I'd like some advice on whether to purge or not:
  • Asus Motherboard
  • Asus FCNotification
  • ROG Fan Xpert 4
  • ROG Live Service
  • GameSDKService (Not sure it's ASUS, but advice on it would be nice all the same)
My only Asus product is the Motherboard, so I'm not worried about it interfering with the RGB components or anything.

Alternate question: is the Asus software too important and is better if I just keep to using different RGB programs for an my devices?
Thanks in advance!
Regarding your alternate question, using different RGB programs for your devices is certainly an option. There are various third-party RGB control software available, such as iCUE, Mystic Light, and NZXT CAM, that can manage RGB lighting across different components from different manufacturers. These programs often provide more customization options and compatibility with a wider range of devices. However, keep in mind that using multiple programs may require more system resources and could potentially lead to conflicts. It's worth experimenting with different software solutions to find the one that best suits your needs.