Asus strix 1080 ti 3 monitor setup

helloward

Commendable
Feb 16, 2017
So I just purchased the new ASUS Strix 1080 TI, and I plan on purchasing three new monitors (most likely the ASUS PG278QR). The only problem is the new graphics card only contains 2 display ports, 2 HDMI ports, and 1 DVI- D port. Would there be a noticeable difference when using either the HDMI or DVI-D compared to the Display port? Or is my only other option to spend another 1000$ on getting another ASUS Strix 1080 Ti to use 3 display ports?
Thanks for the help.

Solution
I believe those monitors use DisplayPort Multi Monitor Streaming... What that means is that they can be daisy chained using one Display Port 1.2 from the GPU. You'll need to hook each monitor together with DisplayPort 1.2 cables. What's nice about that is that you're able to use many monitors with less ports. Another cool thing about that is that the monitors don't even need to be the same make or even resolution.

That'll basically give you a multitude of multi-monitor goodness.

iS_tech_geek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I believe those monitors use DisplayPort Multi Monitor Streaming... What that means is that they can be daisy chained using one Display Port 1.2 from the GPU. You'll need to hook each monitor together with DisplayPort 1.2 cables. What's nice about that is that you're able to use many monitors with less ports. Another cool thing about that is that the monitors don't even need to be the same make or even resolution.

That'll basically give you a multitude of multi-monitor goodness.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS