Asus Strix 1080 Ti Post-Installation Question(s)

crazedanonymouspcdesigner

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 16, 2017
So, I just finished installing my Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti about five minutes ago and I have some questions for anyone who might already be using this card or know these answers for sure.

Q. By default, are the fans on the card NOT supposed to be running if they are set to auto, and if so, when the time comes, will they just kick in based on the temp and need of the card or is there something I need to adjust for this?

I know the fans are working because I can take manual control of them and set the curve to whatever and they all spin fine.

I think that's really the only question I have for now, but everything seems to be running great. Little to no trouble with getting DP active and new driver installation was simpler than easy so everything seems to be fantastic with it so far!

Thanks for knowledge and informations!

Solution
Excellent, thanks for the info. On the PG348Q this card looks AMAZING! It had better with how much it cost, but it does for sure! I'm too excited!!! I'm gonna get FarCry 4 this evening and Destiny 2 as soon as it comes out for PC.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
You're correct, when set to auto the fans will turn on once they hit a certain temp threshold. Granted you may want to check your temps with MSI Afterburner if you're worried about temps when gaming, and set your own fan curve from there.

crazedanonymouspcdesigner

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 16, 2017
Excellent, thanks for the info. On the PG348Q this card looks AMAZING! It had better with how much it cost, but it does for sure! I'm too excited!!! I'm gonna get FarCry 4 this evening and Destiny 2 as soon as it comes out for PC.

Solution