[SOLVED] asus strix 1080

Oct 4, 2018
Hi I've ran a gtx 980 for a long time. I since just upgraded to a strix 1080. I've ran dual monitors on my gtx 980 with no problems. Now since I've started using the gtx 1080 my boot comes on my secondary monitor the only way I can fix it is by unplugging the monitors and plugging them back in everything goes to normal. Now I am using displayport cables on both monitors it's always worked before on my gtx 980. I dont think it's a faulty card because it does work after I unplug any ideas on what I can do. I've checked windows made sure my monitor is selected primary and in the right order.

Solution
What connectors are you using for both monitors? If you're using 2 types, one will always get prioritized.

Also, have you considered switching monitor positions?
Or switching the position where the cables are connected on the GPU itself?

Have you checked on Windows, which monitor is set as number "1"?
What connectors are you using for both monitors? If you're using 2 types, one will always get prioritized.

Also, have you considered switching monitor positions?
Or switching the position where the cables are connected on the GPU itself?

Have you checked on Windows, which monitor is set as number "1"?

Solution
Oct 4, 2018
I use two displayports cables because they are both 144hz. I can't physically move the monitors I have then on a 3 monitor stand. Does it matter on the gpu which cables plugged in like far as order?