Asus strix 1080ti 11G or O-11G ?

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018
i know that the O-11G is the factory overclocked card .. but is the only difference at the clock speeds ? the O-11G is 100mhz higher at base and boost and it also costs 140$ more
so is it just the clock speed or its better binned or it has better cooling ? ..

and witch is better at cooling and overclocking the non oc strix card or the evga ftw3 ?

Solution
100mhz is not even close to being worth $140 extra, if your cooling is good you could go into MSI Afterburner and increase the power limit and let Nvidia GPU boost 3.0 auto overclock the GPU when the performance is needed. Doing this on my EVGA GTX 1080 ti Hybrid allowed the boost clock to go from 1670 to 1967. Between the Strix and the FTW3 I'd probably go Strix as the cooling is a bit better but besides that the differences are pretty minimal.

WildCard999

Titan
100mhz is not even close to being worth $140 extra, if your cooling is good you could go into MSI Afterburner and increase the power limit and let Nvidia GPU boost 3.0 auto overclock the GPU when the performance is needed. Doing this on my EVGA GTX 1080 ti Hybrid allowed the boost clock to go from 1670 to 1967. Between the Strix and the FTW3 I'd probably go Strix as the cooling is a bit better but besides that the differences are pretty minimal.

Solution