Asus STRIX B350 & ML240L

Mar 7, 2018
First of all, my apologies if this is a repeat, there are many similar ?s but not 1 suiting my situation.

I’m a first time builder, and there’s an unfortunate shortage, or insane vagueness in the installation of AIO wiring for my specific mobo. In fact, I’ve found that this mobo has not been used in any of the diy/build guides, as I’ve searched 3 days of everything STRIX B350 and end up finding nothing but x370.

My question is generic, how the hell is this supposed to be split, and where to plug it in on the board. Yes, I’ve read the manual, but The issues I am having is the connectors w the AIO, specifically the splitter, the CPU fan (female) has only 3 post slots. I’ve tried using a variety of solutions from the extensions in the mobo box, psu connectors, and even my orig puchaced RF120 for guidance, but I’m lost. Also, the rgb connector for the mobo (off the rgb splitter) is too loose to stay on the rgb headers so I am forced to use another extension which is not efficient or effective.

I recognize the common denominator, I’m clearly too much of a noob to grasp where Im going wrong here. I also have an RGB backplate and GPU support brace that have an attached rgb strip that is looking more intimidating the more time I spend staring at this setup and watching endless videos or reading manuals lol.

Any help would be a god send; thanks in advance

Solution
Chipset has nothing to do with fan and cooler connecting, not even platform AMD or Intel. In general with those simple coolers, Radiator fans go to CPU_Fan, if there's only one connector on the MB than you have to use fan splitter to connect both. Pump can go to specific AiO_Pump connector if there is one or to CHA_Fan or SYS_fan depending how it's marked. Wherever pump is connected to, that header should be set to run full speed.
3pin connectors can go into 4pin headers but should specify Voltage Control instead of PWM.
PS:
Just looked at specs for your MB. It has CPU Fan and Opt(ional) CPU fan connectors so radiator fans can be conneted separately to those two.
There's also x AIO_PUMP connector obviously for your pump. When in...
Chipset has nothing to do with fan and cooler connecting, not even platform AMD or Intel. In general with those simple coolers, Radiator fans go to CPU_Fan, if there's only one connector on the MB than you have to use fan splitter to connect both. Pump can go to specific AiO_Pump connector if there is one or to CHA_Fan or SYS_fan depending how it's marked. Wherever pump is connected to, that header should be set to run full speed.
3pin connectors can go into 4pin headers but should specify Voltage Control instead of PWM.
PS:
Just looked at specs for your MB. It has CPU Fan and Opt(ional) CPU fan connectors so radiator fans can be conneted separately to those two.
There's also x AIO_PUMP connector obviously for your pump. When in BIOS, make sure it's set to Voltage regulation and at full speed.

Solution