Question Asus Strix G15 Bios Setting Reset

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
Hi, i bought an asus strix g15 laptop with an i7 10750h and rtx 2060 115w. even though undervolting is locked on the 10th gen cpus, asus still alows for a small undervolt in the bios of up to -80mv. this didnt make a big difference in the temperature so after tweaking with the bios i was able to find the hidden advanced settings such as the CFG Lock and Overclocking lock which are enabled in the bios. after disabling these settings i was able to undervolt through throttlestop and save the settings. but after i shutdown or restart the Overclocking Lock option in the bios keeps enabling automatically which doesnt allow for undervolt through throttlestop. whats the solution to this. whats causing this settings to automatically enable itself after a shutdown or restart. would appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
i have a 10th gen intel chip which were locked due to the plundervolt vulnerability and after this throttlestop and xtu were of no use as it was locked through bios. this is why i had to unlock hidden features to enable CFG lock and Overclocking lock to enable undervolt through softwares such as throttlestop and xtu.