[SOLVED] Asus strix GTX 1070 OC 8gb Bios to NON OC bios

Jan 10, 2019
Well, thanks for reading first.

My gtx strix 1070 OC 8gb crashes some games, has micron memories. tryed litteraly EVERITHING (updated bios, resintalled windows, drivers, games, lowered the tdp, rised the tdp etc etc), and the only solution was to put GPU clock -128mhz with afterburner like a reference 1070 and it holds like a champ.

This issue happens from day 1, but didnt realize it was my card until tryed it on another PC.
Is it posible to flash with the asus non oc bios? this will solve my problem, the graphics card is still on warranty till 2021 but i live on the other side of the world (11.000 km from the warranty place), i can send the video card, but my country will charge 60% of the price when re entering, so not an option.

Thanks a lot!

Solution
It appears like nobody has done that yet, I would personally not attempt it either, BIOS is nothing to take for granted. While it may work since the only difference may be the clock speeds but there also the possibility that theres more to it. As far I'm aware, Asus will not cover the card under warranty if you brick the BIOS.

Also, what PSU do you have? Maybe it's too much for it. Also, since underclocking it in MSI Afterburner works, why do you want to flash the BIOS? You can go into Afterburner settings and choose for it to start minimized when booting into Windows and save the underclock and select the option for it to apply on boot, then the card will automatically be underclocked when booting if you're getting annoyed of...

DavidVioMC

Honorable
Apr 25, 2016
It appears like nobody has done that yet, I would personally not attempt it either, BIOS is nothing to take for granted. While it may work since the only difference may be the clock speeds but there also the possibility that theres more to it. As far I'm aware, Asus will not cover the card under warranty if you brick the BIOS.

Also, what PSU do you have? Maybe it's too much for it. Also, since underclocking it in MSI Afterburner works, why do you want to flash the BIOS? You can go into Afterburner settings and choose for it to start minimized when booting into Windows and save the underclock and select the option for it to apply on boot, then the card will automatically be underclocked when booting if you're getting annoyed of underclocking it every time if that's the reason why you want to update the BIOS.

Maybe someone can decompile both OC and non OC BIOS and see if the only difference is clock speed and see if it will work or simply edit the OC BIOS and underclock the speed but that seems more time consuming than just applying the underclock in Afterburner on boot.

Solution