[SOLVED] Asus strix GTX 1080 A8G vs Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

Coedgy

Prominent
May 26, 2017
So Im wondering if strix is worth the 150 € more than gigabyte?
I really love the look of strix as its filled with rgb, gigabyte has rgb too but only for the gigabyte logo.

Solution

In comparisson yes.
I mean, they are not BAD like... SUPER DEFECTIVE. But they tend to be hyper lower quality in comparisson with 1st trademarks.
a top tier Motherbord from gigabyte will...

Ramlethal

Estimable
Gigabyte ALLWAYS put things way cheaper cause its matherials are WAY CHEAPER...
I think the Strix looks fancy but i wouldnt go for any of those 2... i mean you can get an Hydro 1080 for the same price of a Strix version... and Its liquid cooled which is ... MORE PERFORMANCE.
Altought i am a big fan of Asus i cannot support them on the pricing of the Strix, even throught its materials and terminations are meaning of quality its a bit overpriced indeed.

Coedgy

Prominent
May 26, 2017

I havent heard that one before, does gigabyte really make that bad quality materials?

Ramlethal

Estimable

In comparisson yes.
I mean, they are not BAD like... SUPER DEFECTIVE. But they tend to be hyper lower quality in comparisson with 1st trademarks.
a top tier Motherbord from gigabyte will cost like... 25% less or even the half from a top tier mobo of a recognized quality trademark like asus for example.
I mean, its fine and deacent BUT i will never trust gigabyte with one of my personal computers since ALL THE TIME i got experiences with gigabyte products a 100% of its time they didnt last what was expected to and the RMA of them literally sucked (or atleast in my country). They EVEN send me back a mobo that the bios went dead, like it wasnt and they said it was REALLY TESTED OUT but they never actually touched it... like WOW man what the faaa

Also im SUPER fan of SLI. and i have SLI my PC with 5 Gtx 1080 Brands since i know the owners of a Store and they kinda helped me with my idea of finding the Ideal 1080 for SLI. Gigabytes ones were the less performing ones... (I kindly assume it was cause of space-cooling issue since they are HUGE and when you put one next to each other it looks like something's really gonna blow up..) Here are some pics of my experiment. Hope you enjoy them.

https://imgur.com/gallery/6quYDi5

Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I don't think so - I've got an almost 4-year-old Gigabyte Windforce OC R9 285 still going strong. One of the two fans makes a slight bit of a rattling noise at a specific RPM, but that's about the only thing I could complain about. Only seems to happen when my son plays Rainbow 6 Siege, but not with any other game.

Coedgy

Prominent
May 26, 2017

Just wondering why does your pic have -5 likes. But anyways I've only heard good about gigabyte so this is a shock for me, I personally would take a gigabyte before MSI. Asus is of course my fav but at this point its so overpriced:
I asked this same question in reddit a while back, I only got answers that said that they only have MAX 2% difference between performance and the most notable difference is the LED lighting.

Ramlethal

Estimable

I would say it quite depends on what are you gonna use it to...
I mean... if you are going a single card. I think besides i dont like at all Gigybite i would take it cause the price difference its quite much even thought i dont really recommend it at all.
BUT if you are willing to spend the same ammount of money that a strix version worths i would take this one instead.
1080Hybrid Reference
Or any Hybrid / Liquid cooling card that worths almost the same as a Strix one