• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question ASUS STRIX GTX 1080TI has issue with two Asus 4k monitors

May 7, 2020
I have two Asus PB287Q 4k monitors. I was using them with Nvidia GTX 970 card. The main monitor was connected with Display port the second monitor was with HDMI. The main one was at full 4k resoulution at 6oHz the second one was at 4k but with 30Hz refresh due to that was the only option to choose on the NVIDIA panel. The result of that was horrible. The second monitor was lagging and with the slow refresh rate.
So, I have decided to upgrade my graphic card to ASUS GTX 1080TI that has two display ports instead of GTX 970 which has only one. I had my hopes that it will solve the issue. After installing the latest drivers I found out that the issue still kind of the same. With both monitors connected via Display ports: the main monitor shows me 4k with options of 30 or 60 hz refresh, but second one with 4k shows me only 30 hz refresh. The 1080TI is a very powerful card and should handle two 4k monitors at 60hz easily. Pleas help me to understand what is going on. May be the solution is very simple or maybe I need to tune up my monitors or something? It should be no brainier, but why such a powerful card is not able to run both monitors? The interesting part is, that the Nvidia panel with settings does not give me that same options for the two identically same monitors..... Please help
Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS