Mar 23, 2019
Hey guys my friend and I recently bought a used Asus Strix R9 380 2 gb OC and when we turn it on the light fades from white led to the red one and it stays red. The LEDs in question are the one next to the 8 pin power input. What do those mean? are they for troubleshooting or???

Centurion1479

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
Those are the LED's on the motherboard that give you indications of what is going wrong. You should find the model of your motherboard and look up an online manual for it to find what exactly each LED means. I'm assuming that if this is a new development then the red LED is for VGA(video graphics array, ie your graphics) and your card is probably broken. Also for future reference please always include the full spec list of your pc please :D

Reactions: Traumatiziran
Mar 23, 2019
Sorry about that I'm new here, whats inside:
-Processor: Intel i3 4370
-Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M S2H
-RAM:G.Skill 8 GB DDR3
-Graphics Card: Asus Strix R9 380 2 GB OC
-Powersupply: Chieftec 500w

The LED's on the graphicscard? Because it has two LED's on the GPU right next to the 8 pin power input I meant those, if you understand me?
Is there any site where I can check what those LED's mean??

I'll put in a picture just to be safe that we're talking about the same thing Hahahaha

:D

index.php

Centurion1479

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
My bad Trauma for the misunderstanding. https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/STRIXR9380DC2OC2GD5GAMING/HelpDesk_Manual/ I took the liberty of finding a manual that will hopefully help you. It's directly from Asus and appears to just be a simple PDF that should have LED indicator meanings. In the future you can often find a manual just like this for almost any item you have.
Edit: Also get a new power supply from a bigger brand (big brand in pc parts usually means more quality and longevity) like EVGA, Seasonic, etc. You can do your own research on that but a good reliable PSU goes a long way in making sure you don't have problems now or in the future :)