Question Asus Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition high temps

Apr 6, 2021
I recently managed to get my hands on my own personal Asus Strix RTX 3080 OC at my local microcenter. I've worked with a few 3080's so far including one that belonged to a good friend of mine who wanted me to help him overclock it, he had the MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080, and it managed to get a stable overclock of about +100 mhz on core and about +500 on memory. The card never surpassed 60 C. I've started to benchmark and possibly overclock my Asus Strix and the first thing I noticed is that it runs at about 73 C on average on benchmarks like Port Royal (3D Mark) and Heaven, and the high thermal notice on GPU-Z gets triggered often. I've got this thing in a Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL, 3 fans on bottom and 3 fans on side as intake, 3 fans on top (AIO) and 1 rear fan as exhaust. So airflow isn't the problem. I normally would open up the card to see if the heatsink is properly installed and possibly repaste it but doing so would void warranty, not really sure what to do. Is 73 C on this card normal?