• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Asus Strix Soar driver issue

Jul 3, 2020
Hello everyone. I just bought an Asus Strix Soar sound card. I have installed Sonic Studio software and noticed a few issues that started happening with my microphone volume.
Randomly when I talk louder, the volume automatically lowers down, as it can be seen through the software and in windows microphone settings, causing my voice to cut and not be heard by others.
Once I've noticed the volume was increasing every time I said anything. But then it returned to normal state.
This happens only when Sonic Studio is installed. But using the sound card without it's software is not what I want.
I've disabled the "Allow application to take exclusive control of this device" option, nothing changed.

Also, if microphone volume is maxed out, computer sounds start to be heard through discord, skype etc.

I don't know what to do, tried pretty much everything I could.
Maybe you have some ideas? This could probably be an issue with windows updates or asus drivers. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit 2004 update with the lates Sonic Studio 1.1.21.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS