Question Asus Strix x570-E or TUF Gaming Plus x570 (wi-fi)

ROG Strix X570-E Gaming vs TUF Gaming Plus X570 (Wi-Fi)

• Total voters
Jul 23, 2019
Right now I'm kind of split between these two motherboards and I can't really decide. The price difference is around $200 CAD where I am.

I'll be getting the Ryzen 7 3700x and my usage will be somewhat mild and may suggest that I don't need the Strix but I'd like some confirmation.

I don't really plan on overclock the 3700x right away, but may overclock it to 4.4-4.6 GHz max. I have never overclocked RAM before, so I might not need to do that ever, but it would be nice to be ABLE to. As far as I know, I think the RAM overclocking capabilities of both boards are around the same.

Please let me know any pros/cons (probably not many cons except the $200 gap) that I should know!

Jul 23, 2019
I would go for the TUF for the price savings, the strix-E does have better VRM's and SLI support but all overclocking I have seen has been disappointing maxing out at CPU's turbo clock if that.
Hm I guess I'm just worried that getting the TUF is cheaping out which I might regret in the future

Well I am one of the people that watch the monitor not the computer itself. So far I have seen positive reviews of all Gigabyte boards with the cheapest Aorus elite getting recommendations for best in price class.

Jul 23, 2019
Well I am one of the people that watch the monitor not the computer itself. So far I have seen positive reviews of all Gigabyte boards with the cheapest Aorus elite getting recommendations for best in price class.
I'm considering the ultra a lot then...I'll lose aura sync support and slightly worse (I think) vrms but I'll gain more USB and M.2 support, it suck that it doesn't have a post code, only debug LEDs, but is a post code useful?

So far my priority list is: Ultra>x570e>Pro Wifi>TUF Wifi

I'll see if prices drop in the next 2 weeks because I will be on a vacation

Jul 23, 2019
Based on what I have seen in questions about the codes here on the forums through the years they are not that useful.
Aorus ultra it is then, unless something else comes up

It sucks that there are barely any reviews of the ultra currently

ASK THE COMMUNITY