[SOLVED] Asus Strix X570-E won't post after taking computer fully appart to clean

tomporter

Reputable
Sep 7, 2017
So as said in the title I completely stripped down my PC to clean it and then when I reassembled it, it wouldn't post at all. The DRAM Q-LED is lit up orange and the motherboard reads 00.

My specs are:
  • Asus strix X570-E
  • Ryzen 7 5800x
  • MSI Gaming Z Trio 3080
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Corsair HX 1000 PSU
  • NZXT Kraken z63 AIO
I have already tried reseating the GPU, CPU and RAM. I have tried different RAM as that is the only compatible spare parts that I have access to.

My worry is that somehow the motherboard died during me cleaning it

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you either reassembled it improperly or damaged something. Start from beginning like everything was brand new with MB outside of case and with minimal parts, listen for POST beeps or check light indicators.

tomporter

Reputable
Sep 7, 2017
In case anyone else is looking at this post with a similar problem. I fixed this by getting a replacement motherboard from the seller and it is working normally now

tomporter

Reputable
Sep 7, 2017
Unfortunately, I can't be more specific than saying that all of the original components work with the new motherboard and, as I cleaned all components with compressed air, I guess I wasn't as careful as I probably should have been when unplugging components and handling it

Reactions: DRagor

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS