Question Asus Strix x570 F gaming issues

Sep 8, 2021
Hi,
My specs are

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
BIOS version 4021
Ram: 32 GB 3600 MHz 2 x 16 GB G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
SSD: primary 500GB SAMSUNG 970 M.2 NVMe PCI-E 3.0, secondary: 2 TB ADATA S50 LITE GEN 4
GPU: Zotac RTX 3080 TI trinity
PSU: Corsair Ax 10000
Chassis: C700P

every time i start my PC from Cold boot, i get into bios showing fan error, I then have to manually Turn on DOCP, CSM and ignore fan speed .
Post that i don't face any crashes/instablity etc.
I tried bumping my ram voltage to 1.4v but still the same issue persists

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Looking through your motherboard's support page, you have a number of BIOS versions to update. Gradually update the BIOS for the motherboard until you reach the latest version, which is version 4021.

As for your platform, you shouldn't be on CSM, in fact you can enable Fast Boot as well, while CSM is disabled. Manually input timings, voltage and frequency in BIOS after your BIOS is updated, then see if the issue persists. Speaking of fan error, what are you using to cool that processor? Stock cooler? Do you see any mention of which fan is reported as the issue? CPU Fan error?

Sep 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Looking through your motherboard's support page, you have a number of BIOS versions to update. Gradually update the BIOS for the motherboard until you reach the latest version, which is version 4021.

As for your platform, you shouldn't be on CSM, in fact you can enable Fast Boot as well, while CSM is disabled.

I already am using 4021. Sorry had a typo there. i am using custom LC from Barrow to col the processor. yeah cpu fan error pops up every time but only once. On cold start. If power supply to psu is on , it doesn't happen
i am using CSM as 3080ti zotac has issues with 4k displays. Display signal isn't recognised in most cases otherwise

Last edited: