[SOLVED] Asus strix x570-i gaming motherboard will not post

Feb 3, 2020
Good Morning everyone, I have an issue with my system. So I assembled all of my pc components on my Asus strix x570-i gaming. Overclocked my memory to 3600, and the system posted fine, got windows 10 installed on the system ran games for a few days. The morning I went to switch on my machine and everything decided not to post after I shutdown the system. I switched off the computer from the back of the power supply. When I flipped the power supply on the back the system turns the fans on and acts like it wants to boot , and then it switches off, randomly, and then after a few seconds it will try to boot again. This is all without pressing the power button on the case. Please help

system specs are as follows

Motherboard- Asus Rog x570-i gaming
Cpu- Ryzen9 3950x
Memory- Gskill Trident Neo 16x2 32gb F4-3600C18D-32GTZN verfied compatible with QVL list
Power Supply- Sliver Stone Sfx SSX-SX8000-LTI 800 W

Hard Drive- GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 2TB M.2 2280 PCI-Express 4.0 x4 3D TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) Dual Side Copper ...
Graphics Card- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GDDR6 256-bit 15.5 Gbps Gaming Graphics Card, IceStorm 2.0, Spectra ...
Case- Fractal Design Nano S

Good Morning everyone, I have an issue with my system. So I assembled all of my pc components on my Asus strix x570-i gaming. Overclocked my memory to 3600, and the system posted fine, got windows 10 installed on the system ran games for a few days. The morning I went to switch on my machine and everything decided not to post after I shutdown the system. I switched off the computer from the back of the power supply. When I flipped the power supply on the back the system turns the fans on and acts like it wants to boot , and then it switches off, randomly, and then after a few seconds it will try to boot again. This is all without pressing the power button on the case. Please help

system specs are as follows

Motherboard- Asus Rog x570-i gaming
Cpu- Ryzen9 3950x
Memory- Gskill Trident Neo 16x2 32gb F4-3600C18D-32GTZN verfied compatible with QVL list
Power Supply- Sliver Stone Sfx SSX-SX8000-LTI 800 W

Hard Drive- GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 2TB M.2 2280 PCI-Express 4.0 x4 3D TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) Dual Side Copper ...
Graphics Card- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GDDR6 256-bit 15.5 Gbps Gaming Graphics Card, IceStorm 2.0, Spectra ...
Case- Fractal Design Nano S
Did you try removing the CMOS battery for 1min while the PC is unplugged?

Feb 3, 2020
Its just a regular round CR2032 battery, you can look for it on the motherboard with the naked eye. It might be hidden behind your GPU.
I found out the problem....so because the system was acting like there was an intermittent power problem I removed the power switch connector and powered the system by jumping the power connector directly on the motherboard, the system hanged on the (GPU White Light)...so I disconnected and re-seated the GPU in the PCI-E slot. Jumped the power connector again and the system POSTed. I think I have a bad power connector on my case which is continuously tripping the power circuit. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Zizo007