Question ASUS STRIX Z270F with 2 M.2

Oct 21, 2019
Hi I know some boards can cause issues with this and im really cautious of spending the money for it to not work.

I currently have 1 M.2 and a secondary Samsung SSD on the ASUS STRIX Z270F. I want to expand it but would I be able to do this with another M.2 or would I not have the lanes available?

You can install 2x M.2 drives on your motherboard.
First M.2 slot supports NVME and SATA M.2 drives. M2_1 slot disables SATA1 port, when populated with SATA M.2 drive.
Second M.2 slot supports NVME drives only. M2_2 disables SATA ports SATA5 and SATA6.

So with 2 NVME M.2 drives, you'll have 4 SATA ports usable (3 SATA ports usable, if one of M.2 drives is SATA).

Oct 21, 2019
You can install 2x M.2 drives on your motherboard.
First M.2 slot supports NVME and SATA M.2 drives. M2_1 slot disables SATA1 port, when populated with SATA M.2 drive.
Second M.2 slot supports NVME drives only. M2_2 disables SATA ports SATA5 and SATA6.

So with 2 NVME M.2 drives, you'll have 4 SATA ports usable (3 SATA ports usable, if one of M.2 drives is SATA).
Thank you so much. I thought this was the case but couldn't fully make sure. I will just make sure I get a NVME and be all clear haha

TRENDING THREADS