[SOLVED] Asus Strix Z390-E vs. Asus Maximus XI Hero.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
Since they are not that far apart from price and they are the only ones i can really chose from where i live. (my first choice was Gigabyte Aorus boards but they arent readily available where i live.)

now i can get either of them but i would want to see if theres a point of choosing the Maximus XI over the Strix, now for overclocking questions i would do some moderate overclocks on my upcoming i9 9900k.

so yea, i would like to really see if the Maximus XI is worth over the Strix (since aesthetically i prefer the strix).

Solution

Intel’s new Z390 chipset has pushed motherboard companies to refresh their entire Intel Z370 product portfolio, ASUS included. A lot has been learnt from the prior generation and during the last 12 months about a changing market appetite for high-quality VRM solutions and increased consumer awareness of technical elements of motherboard design. ASUS has released its new ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming motherboard into this market with a brave new slant on VRMs.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
kinda dumb question but do they share the same VRMs or does the Maximus have better VRMs.

but yea the strix does look "better". :LOL:

edit: feature wise on the sheet theres not much difference between the strix and the Maximus now my only concern is if their VRMs are somehow close or equal if so i might just the the Strix.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Intel’s new Z390 chipset has pushed motherboard companies to refresh their entire Intel Z370 product portfolio, ASUS included. A lot has been learnt from the prior generation and during the last 12 months about a changing market appetite for high-quality VRM solutions and increased consumer awareness of technical elements of motherboard design. ASUS has released its new ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming motherboard into this market with a brave new slant on VRMs.

Solution