Question Asus strix Z590I "the system cannot find any bootable devices" neither booting from a Windows USB, no drives

Jun 6, 2022
"the system cannot find any bootable devices" neither can it be found from booting through a USB - Windows setup.

I5-10400 CPU
RTX 3070
Z590I

I realized I have an NVME plugged in but I do not think it would affect it recognizing the SATA SSD. I was messing around BIOS trying to find a setting to get it to recognize the SATA SSD but to no avail.

I also tried plugging in the SATA cable to different ports to SATA6G_(1-4) nothing. I thought maybe it is was a psu problem not being powered at all so I plugged it in a different 6 pin and still nothing. Really need help, otherwise I am gonna pull out my hair. You think I need to remove the NVME for it to recognize the SATA SSD?

Jun 6, 2022
Which m2 port is used because top port is inactive with 10th gen. Try the second m2 port if that's the case. Shouldn't be the reason why sata ports aren't being recognised though, not sure on that one.
Yeah, I realized gen 10 won’t work with M.2 at all. Even if I reorient the NVME it still wouldn’t work, pretty sure. That’s why I bought the SATA SSD. I can still test it, doesn’t hurt to try.

Jun 6, 2022
Yeah the top m2 slot is specifically looking for 11th gen cpu. The other m2 slots are from chipset so you can use them.
Hi Boju, I found the problem for the SSD. After double-checking, the power cable wasn’t plugged in. I mistaken it for the other cables. As for the NVME I did not check the with the bottom slot chipset, but I’ll take your word for it when I need the extra storage. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: boju