ASUS tablet CPU problems

Gamer_299

Prominent
May 24, 2017
i have an asus memo pad 7 and i am having problems with it overheating (to the point i can't touch it) and freezing up.
i am using android 5.0
here is a link to my tablet
https://www.asus.com/Tablets/ASUS_MeMO_Pad_7_ME176C/specifications/

Gamer_299

Prominent
May 24, 2017

i rarely use battery but if i do that doesn't drain fast anymore and i can't upgrade anymore

Gamer_299

Prominent
May 24, 2017

nope i think i used it to much because it does not charge right but i am using a asus charger
i have always had the battery problem
im worried about the overheating and it "freezing" up

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017

If its not charging right, can mean battery must be replaced, rare case charger is faulty. Use a multimeter and check if correct voltage supplied on the charger. Rare case wall socket is faulty, try another, if using mutiplug then change that. If wall socket, charger and multiplug is fine that leaves the battery.

Dealing with freezing, if using a SD card, remove it and see if freezing stop. Sometimes a card filled to max or nearly, can cause freezing. SD card can be faulty, remove card and check on PC via HDD software or free software designed for SD card to check for bad blocks on card. If none found by software, make new folder on PC, copy contents to this folder, at this point best to only copy pics, music, video, epub or similar ebooks files, PDF docs etc. Now format the card using windows, now insert back into tablet and now reformat the card using tablet android operating system. Android may calibrate differently than making sure it has compatible access to the card because it will format and make necessary folders on the card immediately after, this process in hand in hand. Windows does a better job of erasing the card in my opinion. This way the tablet has a clean card to work with. To get your contents you saved pc, hook up the tablet directly to PC as a media device to the PC and then copy the contents to the card to respective folders made by the android.

Gamer_299

Prominent
May 24, 2017

i'm sorry i meant that when possible i use my tablet while charging but when i use battery it gets drained quickly
The freezing is random even if i don't have a external SD card in use
my tablet has 1 GB of RAM and a Intel atom processor but this hasn't been happening until now
the asus brand charger i believe is fried