Question ASUS Tablet T101H Factory Reset ?

chewyalf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I honestly did so much research on this and there are so many discrepancies!

I factory reset my ASUS tablet and started the reimaging process but It never completed. It's stuck at 64% and does an endless reboot. I need to try again but nothing is working. What I've done:

1. F2 bios, reset to defaults, and when it rebooted, hit F9 so it would go into recovery. It doesn't
  2. Powered off, and then when I powered back on, held the power and volume up. Left go of the UP when it boots.
  3. Same thing as above but with the down button
  4. Some website said there was a reset button at the bottom. There isn't
  5. Installed a microSD card with bootable HIREN CD so I can try to restore using that. When in bios, option to boot from MicroSD isnt there
  6. I can't boot using CD drive because only one USB port. I dont have the original keyboard so I have to use USB. So the CD rom drive takes up that only port and cant change boot sequence
  7. Hit every single F-Key possible when booting. Nothing works except the F2 for bios
  8. Tried the bootable USB drive - but without it being selected in BIOS as boot, it doesn't do it
  9. Hooked up a USB hub so I can use both CD drive and keyboard. With both in, it wont detect either.
PLEASE!

Last edited:

chewyalf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Thanks for responding. Was kind of excited when I saw your response because YES, there is a secure boot. So I went back in, disabled it, and still no MicroSD is showing. Hopefully you have something else for me to try? THANKS!

It's a 64bit version, but regardless, wouldn't it show up in the list of devices to boot from? It's only a 64GB MicroSD

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
the bios may be 32bit. You may need to use a 32bit version of windows 10
If you select the 64 bit option it will try to install it, given that your device has a 64 bit processor, but since it has a 32 bit UEFI firmware, winload.efi will crack because it expects a 64 bit UEFI firmware.

https://superuser.com/questions/853009/possible-to-install-64-bit-windows-on-32-bit-uefi

So try a 32bit version, maybe try a USB if you can?
I am not 100% sure the win 10 installer can run off microSD

Last edited: